Tequila and Lime Marinated Fajitas
|1 lb sirloin steak, sliced into thin strips, across the grain|
|1/3 cup fresh lime juice|
|1-2 tbs tequila|
|2-3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 tsp cumin|
|1 tsp mexican oregano (available at Latin markets)|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1 red bell pepper, diced|
|1 green bell pepper, diced|
|2 medium onions, chopped|
|1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced|
|1 tbs vegetable oil|
|12 flour tortillas|
|condiments: fresh cilantro, chopped, sour cream, salsa, cheddar cheese, grated, diced avocado|
- A the sliced beef to a large zip lock plastic bag along with the lime juice, tequila, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Marinate for just 1 hour, no more. Save marinade.
- In a saute pan add a little oil and using medium high heat cook the beef through. Cool and set aside.
- Saute the onions, and peppers in the same pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and warm in a 300 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Have beef mixture and condiments available in separate bowls, so guests can construct their own fajitas.
- The beef mixture goes on the tortillas first, then the condiments.
- Fajitas are the rolled up or folded like an envelope.