Thai Curry Strip Steak
- 1 (2 and i/2 inch) thick strip steask
- 1 and 1/2 tbs red curry paste
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 kaffir lime leaf or 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbs canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tbs sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sauce pan, lightly heat curry, then slowly add coconut milk and whisk until paste has dissolved, bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Add brown sugar and lime leaf, or lime zest, simmer for 1 minute on low heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in oven-proof frying pan, then sear steak on both sides
- Place pan in oven until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees for medium, or to desired doneness.
- Remove and let rest for 5 minutes, then slice across grain in 1/4 inch slices.
- Spoon a pool of curry sauce on each plate and place steak slices on top of sauce.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desirecd.