- 6 garlic cloves,minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, washed very well
- 1 cup fresh Itallian parsley
- 1/2 cup pinenuts, toasted
- 6-8 oz Parmesan cheese, cut into chunks
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
This is a special pesto that not only includes fresh basil, but it has the wonderful additions of fresh spinach and parsley. Delicious! If you add a little half and half it makes a wonderful pasta sauce.
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until chunky smooth.
- This mixture also freezes very well for later use.