Vietnamese Fried Fish
- 1 lb firm white fish filets
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 lb rice noodles
- 3 tbs unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, sliced thinly on a bias
- 3-4 Thai chilies, sliced thinly
- 3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs shrimp paste
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- flour for coating fish
- oil for deep frying
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix the lime juice, shrimp paste and fish sauce and set aside.
- Cut the fish into 2 inch chunks, the dredge them in flour.
- Fry the fish chunks in the oil until crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve divide the fish among 4 plates and garnish with peanuts, chilies and cilantro.
- Serve with dipping sauce.