Vietnamese Fried Fish
|1 lb firm white fish filets|
|Juice of 2 limes|
|1 lb rice noodles|
|3 tbs unsalted peanuts, chopped|
|3 scallions, white and green parts, sliced thinly on a bias|
|3-4 Thai chilies, sliced thinly|
|3 tbs fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 tbs shrimp paste|
|2 tbs fish sauce|
|flour for coating fish|
|oil for deep frying|
- Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix the lime juice, shrimp paste and fish sauce and set aside.
- Cut the fish into 2 inch chunks, the dredge them in flour.
- Fry the fish chunks in the oil until crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve divide the fish among 4 plates and garnish with peanuts, chilies and cilantro.
- Serve with dipping sauce.