- 6 cups seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Puree watermelon pieces in 2 batches in a food processor or blender.
- Mix in sugar and lemon juice, then pour the puree into a plastic container or ice cube tray.
- Cover and freeze until almost set.
- Process watermelon ice again in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Repeat freezing and processing one more time.
- Cover and freeze for about 3 hours more, until ready to serve.
- Leave at room temperature for about 5 minutes before serving.
- This recipe may also be made in an ice cream maker.