White and Green Asparagus Salad with Chicken
|1 bunch white asparagus|
|1 bunch green asparagus|
|1 small fennel bulb|
|2 tbs mayonnaise|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|1 tbs white wine vinegar|
|2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken|
|2 oz Parmesan cheese, shaved|
- Remove the woody ends from both bunches of asparagus and discard.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel some of the tough skin from the asparagus.
- Cut the tender tips from the asparagus, then using a vegetable peeler cut the stalks into thin strips. Add the tips and shaved stems to boiling water and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove asparagus from water and place in an ice water bath.
- Cut the fennel into quarters, then slice into thin strips.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, white wine vinegar and 1/4 cup water until you get a smooth dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the asparagus with the fennel, radish, chicken and dressing.
- Shave the cheese with a vegetable peeler and sprinkle over salad.