Wild Rice with Peacans and Mushrooms
|1/2 lb wild rice|
|3 cups water|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms|
|1/2 cup butter|
|Kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup coarsely broken toasted peacans|
|Chopped parsley for garnish|
- Soak rice in water for 8 hours.
- Drain, wash well, and put in a medium saucepan.
- Cover with the water, add salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and saute the mushrooms until wilted and tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and add to the rice. Add the pecans and toss.
- Serve garnished with parsley.