Wok Fried Shrimp with Walnuts and Vegetables
|2 tbs vegetable oil|
|1/2 cup walnuts|
|1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|3 scallions, cut into 1/2 inch lengths|
|4 carrots, cut into julienne strips|
|1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated or minced|
|1 tsp white pepper|
|Kosher salt to taste|
|4-6 broccoli florets|
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok or skillet and stir fry the walnuts for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil and the shrimp.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the scallions, carrots and ginger and broccoli, then season with salt and white pepper.
- Stir fry for and additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with rice.