Wok Fried Shrimp with Walnuts and Vegetables
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 scallions, cut into 1/2 inch lengths
- 4 carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tsp white pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 4-6 broccoli florets
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a wok or skillet and stir fry the walnuts for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil and the shrimp.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the scallions, carrots and ginger and broccoli, then season with salt and white pepper.
- Stir fry for and additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with rice.