March 16, 2014
This a super refreshing version on ice tea. Along with pineapple juice, we use orange juice, lemon and lime juice. Absolutely delicious. We use instant tea in this version but feel free to brew fresh.
- Combine tea and sugar; add hot water and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add pineapple juice, cold water, lemon, lime and orange juices. Mix well.
- Serve over ice, garnished with fruit slices and or mint.
- Note: This drink takes well to rum. You may add rum if you desire.
June 5, 2014
This is an easy to delicious iced tea with the incredible flavor and sweetness of peaches.
- Add the tea bags to a large 3 quart sauce pan and fill with water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Allow the tea to brew for about 30 minutes.
- Add the concentrated tea to a large gallon pitcher, add the peaches, with juice, the sugar and fill to the top with water.
- Stir to mix well and allow to sit for another 30 minutes.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust if desired.
March 17, 2014
This a super refreshing summer time iced tea that use fresh blueberries, lemons. Makes 4 12 oz servings.
- Bring blueberries and lemon juice to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until blueberries are soft. About 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and pour through a fine wire mesh strainer into a bowl.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to squeeze out the juice. Discard the pulp left in the strainer.
- In a sauce pan bring water to a bowl, add the tea bags and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard tea bags.
- Stir in honey and blueberry juice mixture.
- Add to a pitcher and chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
December 22, 2012
- Place the raspberries and tea bags in a heat proof bowl.
- Pour the water over, then add the sugar. Mix well.
- Allow the tea to steep for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and squeeze out the excess liquid.
- Taste for sugar. If you like your tea sweeter, add more sugar.
- Cover and place in refrigerator and chill for several hours.
- Serve in tall glasses with ice cubes.
August 16, 2013
- Brew 4 cups of tea along with 1/2 cup of sugar, until sugar is dissolved.
- Add several sprigs of mint while tea is brewing.
- In a large pitcher add brewed tea along with 4 cups of cranberry raspberry drink and 4 wedges of lemon.
- Chill completely, then serve in glasses over ice, garnish with fresh mint leaves.
May 11, 2013
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat and steep the tea bags and mint in the hot water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and mint, stir in the honey and pour into a large pitcher.
- Stir in the orange juice, lemon juice and 2 cups of cold water.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve over ice with orange wedges and garnish with mint.
March 16, 2014
Super refreshing tea can be served warm of cold. The honey and lime juice give this tea a special flavor. We prefer it cold.
- Combine boiling water, sugar, mint and tea bags in a pitcher
- Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Cover and let steep for 10 to 15 minutes
- Strain mixture through a sieve into another pitcher.
- Discard mint and tea bags.
- Add lime juice and honey to the tea and stir well.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve over ice.
January 24, 2013
- Heat water and pineapple juice in a sauce pan until it boils.
- Add cloves, cinnamon, and lemon then lower heat.
- Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove, cloves and cinnamon and serve hot.
April 17, 2012
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise, scoop pineapple out of 1 half and cut into chunks and reserve the shell along with the green tops. This will be the vehicle for the fruit.
- Remove pineapple from other half and cut into chunks.
- Using wooden toothpicks spear together a pineapple chunk and an orange segment.
- Place fruit kebabs inside of the reserved pineapple shell.
- Cover and chill for several hours.
- In a small bowl add the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, curry powder, garlic powder, orange peel and onion powder.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- To serve artfully place the pineapple on a lettuce lined platter along with the dipping sauce.
July 28, 2013
- 1 tbs whole cloves
- 3 black tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Put cloves in a tea ball, then place in a tea pot.
- Add tea bags to the teapot.
- Add boiling water, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea ball, then remove and discard the tea bags.
- Stir in the orange juice, honey and lime juice.