Papaya Avocado Salsa with Black Beans
- 1 ripe papaya peeled and seeded
- 1 ripe avocado
- Grated lime zest from 1 lime
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 scallions,chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 or 2 serano peppers, seeded and chopped (if you like spicy leave the seeds in)
- small hand full cilantro, chopped, leaves and stems
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
This is a great salsa to add to your recipe file.Avocado and papaya were made for each other.
- Cut papaya and avocado into 1/2 inch dice.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a non reactive bowl (glass is best).
- Cover and refrigerate for for at least 2 hours.
- Place black beans on a platter or on individual plates and top with the salsa.