|4 oz bulk spinach, stems removed and cut up (about 2 cups)|
|1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 garlic clove, chopped|
|1 jalapeno or Serrano chili pepper|
|3/4 cup vegetable oil|
|2 and 1/2 cups long grain white rice|
|3 cups water|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|3/4 cup corn kernels|
|1 cup thinly cut spinach|
This is a flavorful side dish packed with garlic, hot pepper, cilantro, spinach and corn.
- In a blender, combine the bulk spinach, cilantro, garlic and chili pepper. Blend until smooth, then set aside.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add the oil.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable mix, water, salt and corn and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed. About 15 minutes.
- Add the cut spinach before serving.