Fresh Garden Salad with Bacon Blue Cheese and Garlic Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped
- 2 tomatoes cut into 8 pieces each
- 1 tbs fresh chives. chopped
- 1 tbs fresh tarragon, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 12 slices of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 cups of salad greens, torn in to bite sized pieces
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup home made croutons (or store brought)
This is flavorful salad highlighted by the flavors bacon and blue cheese along with a savory garlic mustard dressing.
- For the dressing: mix garlic, mustard, vinegar and lemon juice until well blended.
- Whisk in oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- For the salad: Fry the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Combine salad greens and all but 6 tbs of the bacon in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Take care not to add too much dressing.
- Sprinkle blue cheese, croutons and remaining bacon on top of the bowl.
- Serve to individual plates.
- Recipe may be halved.