Fresh Garden Salad with Bacon Blue Cheese and Garlic Mustard Vinaigrette
|4 cloves garlic, finely minced|
|1 and 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1/3 cup balsamic vinegar|
|2 tbs fresh lemon juice|
|1 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tbs parsley, chopped|
|2 tomatoes cut into 8 pieces each|
|1 tbs fresh chives. chopped|
|1 tbs fresh tarragon, chopped|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|12 slices of bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces|
|10 cups of salad greens, torn in to bite sized pieces|
|1 cup crumbled blue cheese|
|1 cup home made croutons (or store brought)|
This is flavorful salad highlighted by the flavors bacon and blue cheese along with a savory garlic mustard dressing.
- For the dressing: mix garlic, mustard, vinegar and lemon juice until well blended.
- Whisk in oil, herbs, salt and pepper.
- For the salad: Fry the bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Combine salad greens and all but 6 tbs of the bacon in a large bowl.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Take care not to add too much dressing.
- Sprinkle blue cheese, croutons and remaining bacon on top of the bowl.
- Serve to individual plates.
- Recipe may be halved.