Old Fashioned Potato Salad
|5 lbs of red skinned potatoes, cooked peeled and cut into cubes|
|1/4 cup red onions, minced|
|1 small bunch of scallions, minced, green and white parts|
|1/2 cup sweet pickles, chopped|
|1 cup of pimento stuffed olives, chopped (optional)|
|2 cups mayonnaise|
|2 tbs prepared mustard|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|fresh black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp seasoning salt|
|1/4 cup sweet pickle juice|
|dash of paprika, for garnish|
- In a small bowl mix together, mayonnaise, mustard, spices and pickle juice.
- Add potatoes to a large pan with cold water and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Remove potatoes, peel and cut into 1 inch chunks.
- In a large bowl add all other ingredients.
- Reserve 1 egg for garnish.
- Pour dressing over potatoes.
- Cut egg into thin slices and top salad.
- Garnish with paprika.
- Cover and chill for several hours.