Tequila Marinated Smoked Baby Back Ribs
|1 quart beef or chicken broth|
|1/4 cup tequila|
|1/4 cup white vinegar|
|juice of 1 lime|
|1 (3 lb) rack baby back ribs, membrane removed|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|your favorite bbq rub|
|your favorite bbq sauce|
- Combine the beef broth, tequila, white vinegar and lime in a deep baking dish.
- Pull the membrane from the back of the ribs, using a small knife to separate membrane from the ends, then use a paper towel to pull the membrane off.
- Add the trimmed ribs to the beef broth and tequila mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, turning once.
- Preheat the smoker to 250 degrees.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade, discard marinade, then dry the ribs with paper towels.
- Rub 2 tbs of olive oil over the ribs, then shake 1/2 cup of your favorite rub over the ribs. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place the ribs in the smoker, cover and cook for another 1-2 hour or until the ribs shrink slightly away from the bone.
- Remove the ribs from the smoker,wrap in foil, then return to the smoker and cook for another 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Let the ribs rest for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Serve with your favorite bbq sauce if desired.