December 1, 2019
This chicken stock is beautifully clear and flavorful. It only requires two ingredients. Chicken and water. It may be used for clear soups, beans, chili or any recipe where chicken stock is needed.
- 1 whole chicken, cut up ( or you may us chicken backs and necks)
- 4 quarts of cold water
- Add chicken to a large stock pot.
- Cover with water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Let boil for 3-5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour off all water, which will have fat and scum that has risen to the surface.
- Add 4 more quarts of cold water and bring to almost a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- Let cool, remove chicken pieces, then strain stock using cheese cloth and a fine mesh strainer.
- At this point you may use stock right away or add to containers and freeze until needed.