Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
|1 lb Jumbo lump crab meat|
|3/4 cup panko bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1 egg, beaten|
|1 tbs dijon mustard|
|1 tbs old bay seasoning|
|1 tbs Worcestershire sauce|
Our test kitchen has prepared many crab cake recipes, but this is our all-time favorite. The key to great crab cakes is sourcing the best crab meat. We are huge fans of Chesapeake bay jumbo lump blue crab meat. However, any jumbo lump crabmeat will work in this recipe. Although jumbo lump crab meat is in our opinion is best, you may also use a combination of lump and jumbo lump.
- Add the crab meat and the panko crumbs to a large bowl.
- In another bowl add all of the other ingredients and whisk to combine well to make the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the crab meat and bread crumbs and gently mix to combine well being careful not to break up the lumps.
- Form 6-8 round crab cakes and place them on a baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the crab cakes for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and bake in a 375-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until cakes are lightly browned.