Wild Rice Meatballs
|2 lbs ground chuck|
|1 (5 oz) can evaporated milk|
|1 and 1/4 cups of old fashioned oatmeal|
|1 and 3/4 cup cooked wild rice (cook rice according to package directions)|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|2 tsp chili powder|
|2 large eggs|
|1/2 cup chopped onion|
|for the sauce|
|2 cups ketchup|
|1 1/2 cups brown sugar|
|1 tb liquid smoke|
|1/4 cup white vinegar|
|1/2 cup onions, grated|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
Here is a new twist with meatballs. The wild rice adds a nutty sweetness that we are sure you will love.
- Mix all meatball ingredients together, with wet hands shape into 1 inch meatballs.
- Cover baking sheet into heavy duty foil.
- Place meatballs on baking sheet in single layers.
- Combine sauce ingredients and pour over meatballs.
- Reserve a little sauce for garnish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve on a tray with toothpicks.