Veal Patties with Sour Cream
- 1 and 1/2 lbs of ground veal
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, grated
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbs chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 cup sour cream
This dish uses the flavors of sour cream, dill and allspice.
- Combine ground veal, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and allspice.
- Mix well and form into patties.
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan.
- Dredge the patties in flour and saute on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the same saute pan and cook over low heat, being careful not to burn.
- Add the dill and sour cream, scraping up any brown bits that stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Bring mixture just to a simmer,but do not boil
- Pour sauce over patties and serve.