Veal Patties with Sour Cream
|1 and 1/2 lbs of ground veal|
|1 small onion, grated|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
|1/4 tsp allspice|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 tbs chopped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dried|
|1 cup sour cream|
This dish uses the flavors of sour cream, dill and allspice.
- Combine ground veal, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and allspice.
- Mix well and form into patties.
- Heat the butter in a large saute pan.
- Dredge the patties in flour and saute on both sides until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the garlic to the same saute pan and cook over low heat, being careful not to burn.
- Add the dill and sour cream, scraping up any brown bits that stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Bring mixture just to a simmer,but do not boil
- Pour sauce over patties and serve.