- 4 conch's (available at Caribbean markets or by mail order)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to to taste
- Canola oil for frying
- Properly clean the conch by washing in lime, and salt water.
- Pound the meat with the jagged end of a meat mallet until mead is almost shredded.
- Cut the conch into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Season the conch with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl mix the eggs and in another bowl place the flour.
- Dip the conch in the egg and let excess drip off, then roll in the flour, removing excess.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan using medium high heat. About 1/2 inch of oil.
- Fry the conch on both sides until golden brown. 2 to 3 minutes per side.