Rabbit and Apple Sausage
|1 dressed rabbit, de-boned and cut up (6 lbs)|
|3 tsp kosher salt|
|1 and 1/2 tsp sage|
|1 and 1/4 tsp white pepper|
|1/2 tsp cinnamon|
|1 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple|
|1 tbs canola oil|
This a delicious sausage using rabbit and is seasoned with sage,white pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a meat grinder or food processor, process the mixture in small batches until coarsely ground.
- Stir in the apple.
- shape into 16 patties about 3 inches wide each.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan and cook the patties over medium heat for 5 minutes on each or until sausage is browned and inside is no longer pink.