- 1 dressed rabbit, de-boned and cut up (6 lbs)
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 1 and 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 and 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 tbs canola oil
This a delicious sausage using rabbit and is seasoned with sage,white pepper, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a meat grinder or food processor, process the mixture in small batches until coarsely ground.
- Stir in the apple.
- shape into 16 patties about 3 inches wide each.
- Heat the oil in a saute pan and cook the patties over medium heat for 5 minutes on each or until sausage is browned and inside is no longer pink.