Yellow Squash Soup
|3 lbs yellow squash, thinly sliced|
|4 tbs butter|
|2 tbs canola oil|
|1 large onion, sliced|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 cups chicken stock|
|1 cup cream|
|kosher salt to taste|
|White pepper to taste|
|3 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped|
A bright and delicious creamy soup.
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter and oil until soft. About 5 minutes.
- Add the squash and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the stock cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add mixture to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. You may have to do it in several batches
- Return mixture to the pot and add the cream. Stir constantly
- Add the salt and white pepper.
- Add the thyme.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Soup may be served hot or cold.