Cheddar Pecan Puff Pastry Squares
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp grated onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
A wonderful appetizer that goes well with soups or stews.
- On a floured surface roll out the puff pastry sheet.
- With a fork, poke holes all over the puff pastry sheet.
- Add the puff pastry sheet to a lightly oiled baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl mix the cheese, pecans, onions and mayonnaise.
- Spread the puff pastry sheet with the cheese mixture.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with bacon pieces.
- Sprinkle parsley all over.
- Allow to cool slightly and using a sharp knife cut into squares,