Mushroom Tarragon Bisque
- 1 lb of mushrooms, cleaned and ends trimmed. (you may use a variety of mushrooms if desired)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tightly packed fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Chop the mushrooms and tarragon into a fine dice. Reserve 2 tbs of tarragon for garnish.
- In a sauce pan add the mushrooms and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add cream and stir in until hot. Do not boil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with the reserved tarragon.