Apple Bread Pudding
|2 cups of cubed day old bread|
|4 cups milk (scalded)|
|1/2 cups sugar|
|1/2 tsp salt|
|1 tsp vanilla|
|1/2 cup butter, melted|
|2 McIntosh apples, peeled and sliced|
|1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)|
|1/2 cup raisins (if you eliminate the walnuts increase raisins to 1 cup)|
|1/2 cup fresh or frosen raspberries|
- Place cubed bread in a bowl and pour over with the scalded milk and allow to become well soaked and slightly cool.
- Beat eggs only until mixed and add sugar and vanilla.
- Stir into the bread mixture.
- Add melted butter and stir.
- Grease a 2 quart baking dish and pour in pudding.
- Add the apples, walnuts, raisins and raspberries, then incorporate into the pudding.
- Set baking dish in a pan containing 1 inch of hot water and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 60 to 75 minutes or when a knife inserted in the middle is not too wet.