Stove Top Barbecue Beans
- 6 slices of thick sliced bacon
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 of a green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 (32oz) can of pork and beans
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste
This is a quick easy way to prepare barbecue beans. Recipe may be doubled or tripled.
- Chop the bacon into a dice and fry using medium high heat in a large sauce pan until slightly crispy.
- Add the onion and bell pepper and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the barbecue sauce and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the pork and beans and simmer on the stove top for 30 minutes to 1 hour.