Sea Bass with Cream Sauce
- 12 sea bass fillets (3oz each)
- 6 tbs clarified unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp shallots, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fresh tarragon
- 6 tbs dry white wine
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Saute the bass fillets in the butter over low heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the shallots and tarragon and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Drain off the excess butter, then add the wine and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice and cook until the fillets are cooked through.
- Remove the fillets and place on a serving platter.
- To make the sauce using medium heat add the cream to the liquid remaining in the saute pan and cook until it reduces by about a third, stirring constantly.
- Pour the sauce over the fillets and serve.