Sea Bass with Cream Sauce
|12 sea bass fillets (3oz each)|
|6 tbs clarified unsalted butter|
|1/2 tsp shallots, chopped|
|1/4 tsp fresh tarragon|
|6 tbs dry white wine|
|juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1/2 cup heavy cream|
- Saute the bass fillets in the butter over low heat for 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the shallots and tarragon and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Drain off the excess butter, then add the wine and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the lemon juice and cook until the fillets are cooked through.
- Remove the fillets and place on a serving platter.
- To make the sauce using medium heat add the cream to the liquid remaining in the saute pan and cook until it reduces by about a third, stirring constantly.
- Pour the sauce over the fillets and serve.