Ginger Lemongrass Sauce
|3 shallots, finely minced|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 stalk lemon grass, minced (white parts only)|
|2 inch piece fresh ginger,grated|
|juice of 1/2 lemon|
|kosher salt to taste|
|2 tbs fresh celery leaves, chopped, optional|
|1 cup dry white wine|
This Asian inspired sauce is wonderful used for boiled shrimp or seafood. It is also great in a craw fish boil.
- In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium high heat until hot, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shallots and lemon grass and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring well.
- Add the wine, the grated ginger and a little salt, the turn up the heat to high.
- Reduce the wine to half, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the lemon juice, one tbs of celery leaves, and taste for salt and adjust if desired.