Potato Leek and Rosemary Soup
|4 tbs butter|
|1 lb leeks, trimmed and finely sliced|
|4 cups potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped|
|4 cups vegetable stock|
|4 fresh rosemary sprigs|
|2 cups whole milk|
|2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped|
|2 tbs creme fraiche or sour cream|
|Kosher salt and cracked black pepper|
- Melt butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove 1 tbs of the cooked leeks and set aside for garnishing.
- Add the potatoes, vegetable stock, rosemary sprigs, and milk.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cool for 10 minutes, discard the rosemary and pour the soup into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth,
- Return the soup to the cleaned saucepan and stir in the chopped parsley and creme fraiche.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and gently heat without boiling.
- If soup is too thick stir in a little more milk.
- Garnish with reserved leeks.