- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups of cracker meal
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 4 lbs of catfish fillets
- Canola oil for frying
Americas Favorite fish especially delicious when fried to crispy perfection.
- Whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and place into a shallow bowl.
- Place cracker, and corn meal into another shallow bowl.
- Dip the cat fish fillets into the butter milk and let excess drip off. Then dip the fillets into the cracker meal and cover fillets completely and remove excess.
- Place prepared fillets in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in a deep pan. Add 4 to five inches of oil. fry the fish in batches until golden and crispy.
- Remove fish and drain on paper towels.