Cuban Creole Chicken
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast, large dice or any chicken of your choice
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 Serrano peppers, chopped
- 4 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can kidney beans drained
- 4 large potatoes diced
- 4 tbs cornstarch, blended with water to make a slurry
Many of the Creole flavors in Cuba have African roots. This recipe is a perfect example of how two cuisines have merged.
- Saute chicken, onion, garlic, chillies, tomatoes, oregano and soy sauce for 10 minutes in olive oil.
- Add water and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Add kidney beans and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and simmer for another 45 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add the cornstarch and water slurry to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with rice and black beans.