Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 6 to 8 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cups butter
- 3/4 cups water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- juice of 1 lemon
- Boil the sweet potatoes in water to cover in a sauce pan until just tender.
- Peel and cut into slices. Place in a casserole dish.
- Bring the sugar, butter, water and salt to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Add the corn syrup.
- Cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Pour over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.