- 2 and 1/2 lbs of russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, cut up
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- chopped chives for garnish
These are super creamy mashed potatoes, topped with savory brown butter.
- Steam the peeled and chopped potatoes, until tender. About 18-20 minutes.
- Drain and mash along with the 1 and 1/2 cups of milk.
- Fold in the cut up unsalted butter, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the 1/2 cup of unsalted butter in a medium skillet, stirring occasionally, until the butter foams and browns, about 6-8 minutes.
- Top the potatoes with the brown butter and chopped chives.