- 4 beets, peeled and cut into wedges (2 red and 2 yellow)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs mint leaves, chopped
- 4 tbs roasted almonds
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 lb ricotta salata,shaved
Beets have a sweet and savory flavor, which is highlighted by oven roasting. This recipe combines roasted beets with, fresh mint, roasted almonds and ricotta salata. Ricotta salata is a firmer version of Ricotta cheese and is absolutely delicious.
- Toss the beets with 1/4 cup of olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the beets on a rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 450 degree oven, tossing once, until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Top with 2 tbs each of chopped mint leaves, roasted almonds, 2 tbs olive oil, 2 tsp red wine vinegar, and some shaved ricotta salata.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.