Sirloin Beef Stew
|1 lb boneless sirloin, cut into 1 inch chunks|
|1/4 cup flour|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1-2 cups cup beef stock|
|2 tbs tomato paste|
|3/4 lbs small new potatoes|
|2 carrots, peeled and cut into discs|
|1 parsnip, peeled and cut into discs|
|3 cloves garlic,minced|
|1 cup frozen peas|
|Fresh parsley for garnish|
This is a beef stew recipe that can made from start to finish in about 45 minutes. It uses tender sirloin instead of the standard chuck,which allows for quicker cooking. This recipe contains, onions, carrots, peas, parsnips and potatoes.
- Cut the sirloin into chunks, the coat with flour, knocking off the excess.
- In a large sauce pan, add the olive oil, and using medium high heat, brown the meat on all sides.
- Add the tomato paste and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and garlic and continue to stir.
- Add potatoes, carrots and parsnips, then add enough beef stock to cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes or until the potatoes, carrots and parsnips are tender.
- During the last 5 minutes of simmering add the peas.