Asian Wild Mushroom Soup
|6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth|
|1 garlic clove|
|1 1-inch piece of ginger sliced into 4 pieces|
|1 lb of mushrooms (a blend of Shitake, Oyster and Wood Ear) you will probably have to purchase these mushrooms dried|
|1 tbs soy sauce|
|1 tsp toasted sesame oil|
|2 tbs chopped cilantro|
|2 tbs chopped green onion (green parts only)|
|4 small clusters Enoki mushrooms for garnish|
Full of deep woodsy flavor this soup is easy to make and we are sure it will become one of your favorites.
- Heat the broth almost to a boil in a large sauce pan. Add the garlic and ginger, and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Discard the Shiitake stems, slice the caps and add the the broth. Chop the remaining mushrooms, leaving a few small ones whole, and add to the broth.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- just before serving, remove the ginger and garlic; stir in soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Ladle into bowls, and garnish with cilantro, green onion and a cluster of Enoki mushrooms.