- 2 cans of whole kernel corn (drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid)
- 2 cans of cream style corn
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup liquid from whole kernel corn
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- Salt and pepper to taste
Grandma Thornhill always made a legendary to die for corn pudding. As you will see little touches make all the difference.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend sugar, flour and butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add creamed corn and whole kernel corn.
- Add milk and reserved 1/2 cup of liquid for whole corn.
- Mix well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Bake until golden brown on the top. About 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool then serve.