Grandma Thornhill’s Corn Pudding
|2 cans of whole kernel corn (drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid)|
|2 cans of cream style corn|
|3/4 cup of sugar|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 stick of unsalted butter, softened|
|2 egg beaten|
|1/2 cup whole milk|
|1/2 cup liquid from whole kernel corn|
|1 tsp pure vanilla|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
Grandma Thornhill always made a legendary to die for corn pudding. As you will see little touches make all the difference.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend sugar, flour and butter, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add creamed corn and whole kernel corn.
- Add milk and reserved 1/2 cup of liquid for whole corn.
- Mix well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mixture in an oven proof casserole dish.
- Bake until golden brown on the top. About 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool then serve.