Spicy Smoked Mackerel Pate
- 1/2 lb of smoked mackerel fillets
- 4 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbs prepared horseradish
- 2 tbs light whipping cream
- Fresh cracked black pepper
This appetizer takes advantage of the rich taste of smoked mackerel.
- Remove the skin from the smoked mackerel and tweezer out any small bones.
- Flake into a a bowl.
- Add the butter, horseradish, and the cream. Mash with a fork until evenly blended.
- Season with pepper (salt is not usually needed)
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve on a serving platter with some mixed greens and crackers and or rye toast.