Cajun Garlic Shrimp
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs canola oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1 cup scallions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbs Cajun seasoning
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
This is Cajun version of garlic shrimp.The shrimp are seasoned with garlic, red wine, scallions, green pepper and celery.
- Heat canola oil in a large saute pan and saute the onion, peppers and celery until slightly soft.
- Add the garlic and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp, wine and Cajun seasoning.
- In a small bowl mix together the Worcestershire sauce and the corn starch, stirring to completely dissolve the corn starch.
- Stir in the the corn starch mixture to the shrimp using medium high heat and stir constantly until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Serve over white rice.