The Secret For Making Fresh Lemonade
|1/2 cup sugar|
|5 cups water|
|Mint sprigs for garnish|
Spring and summer bring on our cravings for fresh lemonade. Many try to make lemonade with disappointing results simply because they try to get sugar to dissolve in cold water. It just won’t work. This recipe will teach you a technique that will work every time. Recipe may be doubled our tripled.
- Slice lemons into rings and place them in a sauce pan with the sugar.
- Add 1 cup of the water and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir and cook until mixture becomes syrupy. About 5 minutes.
- Let mixture cool, then pour into a pitcher and add the remaining water.
- Stir well and allow to cool in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Serve over ice cubes and garnish with mint.