Shrimp Po Boy with Spicy Mayonnaise
|1 cup prepared mayo|
|1 tbs of Seranno pepers,minced (we use Serrano as opposed Jalepeno peppers because the heat from the Serranos is reliable,where the heat from Jalepenos can range anywhere from sweet to very hot.)|
|1 tbs onion, finely minced|
|1 clove garlic, finely minced|
|juice from 1 lime|
|1 tbs cilantro,chopped|
|1 tsp whole grain mustard|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 lb of medium shrimp|
|Canola oil for frying|
|French or Italian loaf|
This is quick super simple recipe for a delicious shrimp Po boy with spicy Mayonnaise. You can use this in most recipes that requires mayonnaise. This mayo is great for spreading over sandwiches. We recommend that you use a good quality mayo like Hellman’s. Makes 1 cup. Makes 2 sandwiches.
- Mix the Mayo, onion, garlic, peppers, lime juice, cilantro, mustard, olive oil together and mix in a blender or food processor.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
For The Shrimp:
- Peel and devein the shrimp
- Dust the shrimp in an mixture of 1/2 flour and 1/2 cornmeal
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer of sauce pan to 360 degrees.
- Fry the shrimp for about 2 minutes, until crispy and golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
For the Sandwich:
- Slice bread in half
- Toast the bread slightly in a hot oven
- Slather bread with the spicy mayo
- Place lettuce, and tomatoes atop bread
- Add more spicy mayo, then top each sandwich with 1/2 of the shrimp