Egg Foo Young
|1/4 cup minced onions|
|2 tbs green pepper, chopped|
|kosher salt and pepper to taste|
|2 cups bean sprouts|
|For the Sauce|
|1 tbs cornstarch|
|2 tsp sugar|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|1 tsp fresh ginger grated|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1 lb,beef, chicken or pork, cut into thin strips (0ptional)|
- Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs well, then add the remaining ingredients, except sauce ingredients, mix well.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tbs of oil.
- Drop egg mixture by tablespoonfuls into the skillet and fry until golden.
- Turn and brown the other side, then drain on paper towels or a wire rack.
- Add additional oil to skillet if necessary and continue to cook the remaining egg mixture.
- Keep warm in the oven while preparing the sauce.
- For the sauce in a small sauce pan, combine the first 4 ingredients, then add the chicken broth and soy sauce.
- Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- Pour the sauce over the eggs and serve.
- Note: Sliced water chestnuts, cooked diced pork or shrimp may be added.