Grilled Lamb Chops with Rosemary and Lemon
|8 lamb or rib chops cut 1 inch thick|
|1/4 cup fresh lemon juice|
|1/4 cup balsamic vinegar|
|1/4 cup canola oil|
|3 tbs Dijon mustard|
|2 tbs chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tsp dried, crushed|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
Rosemary and lemon bring out the earthy flavors of Lamb. This recipe use those flavors with the addition of balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Trim fat from chops and season with salt and pepper.
- Place chops in a zip lock bag and set in a shallow dish.
- For the marinade combine the lemon juice, vinegar, oil, mustard, rosemary and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Pour over chops.
- Marinate refrigerated for at least 4 hours and up to 24. Turn chops occasionally to insure they are marinated completely.
- Drain chops and discard marinade.
- Grill chops over medium hot charcoal until desired doneness (medium rare is preferable)