Paella Salad with Spicy Garlic Dressing
|1 cup jasmine rice|
|2 cups of water|
|1 tsp salt|
|1 tsp saffron (small pinch)|
|2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped|
|1 cup medium, shell off, deveined shrimp (cooked in boiling water for 2 minutes, then removed and cooled in an ice bath)|
|1 cup sliced artichoke hearts|
|1/2 cup of cooked peas (fresh or frozen)|
|1/4 cup chopped salami|
|4 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)|
|2 tbs roasted red peppers, chopped|
|small handful of chopped parsley|
|1 large tomato seeded and cubed|
|Lettuce, spinach or watercress leaves for garnish|
|3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup white vinegar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 cloves garlic, pressed, or minced very finely|
This is a twist on the classic Spanish Paella. We have transformed this classic cooked rice, chicken and seafood dish.
- Prepare garlic dressing by mixing all ingredients in a jar and mix well.
- Place water in a sauce and bring to boil.
- Add rice salt and saffron stir in and reduce heat to a simmer and cover. About 15 minutes.
- Turn of heat to rice remove cover and test for doneness.
- Refrigerate rice until cool. about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook shrimp in boiling water for about 2 minutes, then cool in an ice bath.
- Cook the boneless breast in boiling water using medium heat. Should take about 20 minutes. Cool.
- Place the rice, chicken, shrimp, artichoke hearts, peas, salami, onions, roasted peppers and parsley in a large bowl and gently toss well.
- Pour dressing over salad, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour so that the flavors can marry.
- Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter or on individual serving plates.
- Top salad with the salad mixture and garnish with the cubed tomatoes.