Spanish Chicken Salad
- 1 and 1/2 of boneless chicken breasts, poached
- 1 tbs dry sherry
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 cooked potato cut into cubes
- large bunch of fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup of jarred roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into small cubes
This is delicious version of chicken salad, with potatoes, roasted red peppers and peas.
- In a large sauce pot, cook the chicken in boiling water.
- Once chicken is done cut into small pieces and cool.
- Cook the potato cubes until fork tender.
- Cook the peas and asparagus in boiling water for about 3 minutes, then drain.
- Add the arugula to a bowl
- In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and cider vinegar. Mix well.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the dressing in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients and mix well gently.