Spanish Chicken Salad
|1 and 1/2 of boneless chicken breasts, poached|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup red onion, chopped|
|juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1 cooked potato cut into cubes|
|large bunch of fresh arugula|
|1/4 cup of jarred roasted red peppers, chopped|
|1/2 cup of fresh or frozen peas|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1/4 cup mayonnaise|
|1 tsp cider vinegar|
|1 apple, cored and chopped into small cubes|
This is delicious version of chicken salad, with potatoes, roasted red peppers and peas.
- In a large sauce pot, cook the chicken in boiling water.
- Once chicken is done cut into small pieces and cool.
- Cook the potato cubes until fork tender.
- Cook the peas and asparagus in boiling water for about 3 minutes, then drain.
- Add the arugula to a bowl
- In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice and cider vinegar. Mix well.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the dressing in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients and mix well gently.