Green Bean Salad Almandine
- 4 cups fresh green beans. (about 1 and 1/2 lbs)
- 1 stalk celery thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste
- 1/4 sliced almonds
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
This is a great salad that uses fresh crispy green beans flavored with lemon juice, wine vinegar and crunchy almonds.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Trim the green beans and add to the water.
- Boil the beans until they are slightly tender. About 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer beans to a large bowl and combine with celery and onion.
- In a small bowl mix vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Toast almonds in a non stick pan over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Sprinkle almonds over bean mixture and chill until ready to serve.