Green Bean Salad Almandine
|4 cups fresh green beans. (about 1 and 1/2 lbs)|
|1 stalk celery thinly sliced|
|1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tsp lemon zest|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste|
|1/4 sliced almonds|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste|
This is a great salad that uses fresh crispy green beans flavored with lemon juice, wine vinegar and crunchy almonds.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Trim the green beans and add to the water.
- Boil the beans until they are slightly tender. About 4 to 5 minutes.
- Drain the beans and plunge into an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer beans to a large bowl and combine with celery and onion.
- In a small bowl mix vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing to the bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Toast almonds in a non stick pan over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Sprinkle almonds over bean mixture and chill until ready to serve.