Bacon and Brie Soup
|1/4 lb of brie cheese, rind removed, cut into cubes|
|1/4 lb of bacon, chopped|
|2 shallots, minced|
|1/2 stalk of young celery, minced|
|1 oz of unsalted butter|
|1 half and half|
|2 cups chicken stock|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 tsp canola oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
This recipe marries the creamy flavorful richness of Brie cheese with smokey bacon. Absolutely delicious and sure to become one of you favorite soups.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the shallot and celery and saute using medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the flour, stir well with a wooden spoon until flour has been incorporated into the butter. About 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- In another pan fry the bacon until slightly crispy.
- After the soup simmers for 20 minutes add the half and half and mix well.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Once cheese has melted add the bacon, then simmer for another 5 minutes.