Sauteed Mushrooms with Garlic Butter and White Wine
|1 and 1/2 lbs button or mixed wild mushrooms, halved or quartered if large|
|1/3 stick unsalted butter|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|6 garlic cloves, smashed|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|2 tsp thyme|
|1 tbs fresh Italian parsley, chopped|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
- Melt the butter with oil in a heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and saute until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove garlic and discard.
- Add mushrooms and saute until brown and juices evaporate, about 15 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer until reduced to a glaze on the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Season mushrooms to taste with salt and pepper and thyme.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.