- 2 lbs of boneless chicken, cut into strips or chunks skin on.
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups canola oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is chicken recipe that is served quite frequently in the Dominican Republic. It is basically boned skin on chicken that is marinated in herbs and spices, cut into strips or chunks and crispy fried.
- Cut chicken into strips, skin on. Breast’s thighs or a combination of both.
- Combine flour with the dry spices and coat the chicken completely with the mixture. Rub in well.
- Let marinate covered in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a large sauce pan or deep fryer, fry the chicken at 360 degrees until golden brown and crispy. Do not over crowd the pot, you may have to cook the chicken in batches
- Drain over wire mesh or on paper towels.