Lemon Chicken Kebabs
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (about 1 lb)
- 4 tbs butter
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 lb zucchini
- 1/4 lb of cherry tomatoes
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is 30 minute recipe that is best grilled over charcoal.
- Cut the chicken into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Thread on 4 pre soaked bamboo skewers and place in a foil lined broiler pan.
- Whisk together the butter, lemon juice, sugar and garlic.
- season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the mixture over the chicken.
- Quarter the onion and separate the layers.
- Thickly slice the zucchini.
- Thread the tomatoes, onion and zucchini onto 4 pre soaked bamboo skewers and brush with lemon butter.
- Cook the skewers over hot charcoal or in the broiler pan for about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Add the vegetable skewers for the last 5 minutes of cooking time, basting and turning occasionally.
- Serve with rice.