Lemon Chicken Kebabs
|4 boneless chicken thighs (about 1 lb)|
|4 tbs butter|
|3 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tsp light brown sugar|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 small onion|
|1/4 lb zucchini|
|1/4 lb of cherry tomatoes|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is 30 minute recipe that is best grilled over charcoal.
- Cut the chicken into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Thread on 4 pre soaked bamboo skewers and place in a foil lined broiler pan.
- Whisk together the butter, lemon juice, sugar and garlic.
- season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the mixture over the chicken.
- Quarter the onion and separate the layers.
- Thickly slice the zucchini.
- Thread the tomatoes, onion and zucchini onto 4 pre soaked bamboo skewers and brush with lemon butter.
- Cook the skewers over hot charcoal or in the broiler pan for about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Add the vegetable skewers for the last 5 minutes of cooking time, basting and turning occasionally.
- Serve with rice.