Lemon Chicken Kebabs with Tomatoes Onions and Zucchini
- 4 boneless chicken thighs (about 1 lb)
- 4 tbs butter
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp light brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 lb zucchini
- 1/4 lb of cherry tomatoes
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is 30 minute recipe that is best grilled over charcoal. You can prepare your vegetables and marinate your chicken in advance and assemble the kebabs at the last minute. The lemon garlic butter makes this recipe very special.
- Cut the chicken into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Thread on 4 pre soaked bamboo skewers and place in a foil lined broiler pan.
- Whisk together the butter, lemon juice, sugar and garlic.
- season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the mixture over the chicken.
- Quarter the onion and separate the layers.
- Thickly slice the zucchini.
- Thread the tomatoes, onion and zucchini onto 4 pre soaked bamboo skewers and brush with lemon butter.
- Cook the skewers over hot charcoal or in the broiler pan for about 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Add the vegetable skewers for the last 5 minutes of cooking time, basting and turning occasionally.
- Serve with rice.