Apricot and Celery Stuffing
|1/4 lb dried apricots|
|1/4 lb celery stalks|
|4 cups fresh bread crumbs|
|1 tsp dried sage|
|2 tbs butter, softened|
|1 tbs Dijon mustard|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|a little chicken stock to moisten|
This is a delicious spin on standard stuffing.
- Mince the apricots finely.
- Slice the celery.
- Place in a bowl with the bread crumbs, sage, and butter and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg and mustard together and add to the stuffing and mix well.
- If stuffing is a little too dry add a little chicken stock.
- Use to stuff a bird or cook in oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.