- 1/4 lb dried apricots
- 1/4 lb celery stalks
- 4 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 2 tbs butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- a little chicken stock to moisten
This is a delicious spin on standard stuffing.
- Mince the apricots finely.
- Slice the celery.
- Place in a bowl with the bread crumbs, sage, and butter and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Beat the egg and mustard together and add to the stuffing and mix well.
- If stuffing is a little too dry add a little chicken stock.
- Use to stuff a bird or cook in oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.